Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 1136: Back and Forth


While trying to balance so many parts of my life all at once, it seems that I keep going back and forth between what comes first. Of course, my school work comes long before anything else, and my schedule here at SNC certainly keeps me busy between classes, work, and meetings, not to mention homework and practice time! Meanwhile, Everyday Disney tends to fall behind, and why I'm just not quite sure.

It's pretty easy, I suppose, to just shove off a day of blogging with the intent of making it up the next day, but then one day turns into two, and suddenly we're down the rabbit hole. In other words, it seems that in my attempts to become more organized and develop new, healthy habits, my blog continues to flounder in the background, and that's something I've given a lot of thought to over the past few weeks. Still, Disney becomes a part of my daily routine, as though that hasn't already been demonstrated by the years of blogging that I've somehow come up with since January 2013, and a lot of those posts were made up after the fact. I mean, really, we can't forget how I literally got behind only a week or so into the daily blogging game due to sickness, and while I haven't been sick recently (*knock on wood*), blogging goes back and forth between being caught up and falling behind.

And then I thought about how this, the simple act of falling behind, might also somehow relate to Disney. I fall behind in things all the time - my weekly practice schedule, rushing to 8 a.m. class twice a week, when playing my solo in Sweet Georgia Brown, you name it - and so does Disney, even if none of us like to admit it. We all, obviously, need to set goals for ourselves, and opening dates or daily blog posts are always good goals. But if we achieved every goal we made, then life wouldn't be as interesting, or at least I don't think so. Disney will often set opening dates and then push them back by days, weeks, or even months, allowing for more time for development. After all, Star Wars was just delayed a number of months to give more time for production, and it wasn't all that long ago that the opening date for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was pushed back and back until it finally opened much later than initially intended.

I suppose, then, that falling behind isn't all that bad...even if I do intend to try and keep my goal of consistently staying up to date with my blog posts.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment