Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2: My Own "Small World"

Hello!

My name is Lizzie, and I am obsessed with Disney.

(Here's where you all say "Hello Lizzie!")

Anyway...I'm 17 years old, and I live in a Semi-Small town (officially a city I guess) in Northeastern Wisconsin, which for those of you that don't know, is indeed a State obsessed with Cheese, and while we don't get snow all year long, it is still rather chilly here during the winter months. Ok, maybe it's more than a "little chilly."  I've grown up in a family of four people, my mom and my dad, my brother Jonathan and myself. I'm the oldest of us two kids, as my brother is younger than me by 4 years, making him, of course, 13, and just barely a teenager. I've gone to the same school district my entire life, and while my group of friends has changed multiple times since I was just a little girl, I am happy to say that I'm surrounded by a great group of people that I love and very much care about.

My obsessions, outside of Disney of course, include music (I play Alto Saxophone, Oboe, Piano, some guitar and I can sing), Photography (specifically Animal Photography), drawing, some painting, reading, writing, movie watching (Disney of course!), technology, making videos and a few more that I'm sure you'll hear about in time. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that I'm a Senior in High School clearly looking at a future in either Music or English, with a possible Business something thrown in there, and I plan on doing the Disney college program and hopefully someday gaining a job in the Disney Company. While I'd love to be an Imagineer, I'm not sure I'm creative enough, but that's a topic for another blog post.

Now, for my obsession with Disney. While I'm going to be working on a FAQ page soon, which will include much of my background surrounding Disney, I'll give a brief description here. I don't necessarily have ONE favorite Disney movie, but just a few titles are "Beauty and the Beast", "Lady and the Tramp", "The Lion King", "Pirates of the Caribbean", and of course the new Disney additions of "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars." As a member of Disney Vacation Club and a regular Annual Passholder, I have been to Walt Disney World a full total of 23 times in my short 17 years, which includes two trips on Disney Cruise Line. I traveled to Disneyland for the first time in 2011, and am hoping to go back this next summer in 2013. I do have a favorite park and attraction, which, as you will learn in time, I am truly obsessed with. It's Epcot for the park, and it's Icon, Spaceship Earth stands as my all time favorite attraction. It was my very first Disney World attraction back at the young age of 1, and since then I've been on it over 130 times, and yes, I have the dialogue from the current version memorized. With this obsession, I am a collector of all things Spaceship Earth, and while this is really another topic for another post, I am currently very excited about the newest additions to my collection, a 30th Anniversary Spaceship Earth iPhone case and a 30th Anniversary Park Map and Button. As I said before, I am also a fan of both Indy and Star Wars, with Indy and, of course, Han Solo, as my favorite characters respectfully...which, if it isn't obvious, mentions that Harrison Ford is one of my favorite actors. I own books, movies, and just about everything Disney I can get my hands on and afford at the same time, but that will all be explained in a later entry, I can't make this too long, after all. (I just realized as I proof read that I say "a different post/entry" like three or four times...funny!)

I own one house cat, named LillyBelle (yes, named after Walt's wife, Lillian, and a reference to the Disneyland/World Railroads), along with an ever changing number of barn cats, each with their own unique name and personality. Maybe sometime I'll introduce all of them.

Aside from all of that, it basically sums up my life...Disney, Disney, Disney and more DISNEY. Which I suppose is fitting now that I am starting this DISNEY blog.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment