Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30: Disney Geek

I'm going to talk more about this in Saturday's post, but today I was practicing my speech for my FBLA competition. FBLA, for those that don't know, stand for Future Business Leaders of America...and I will be competing this Saturday at the Regional competition in Public Speaking II. As I said, I'll talk more about this on Saturday, but at the moment I figured I'd talk about something I mention in my speech.

I talk in my speech about my want to be an Imagineer, and in order to explain what that is and why I want to pursue that career, I needed to explain my background with Disney. So, I refer to myself as the term of "Disney Geek." I don't know how many people have heard of Disney Geek, but it's a thing put on by the official Disney fanclub, D23. My dad became a member a few years ago when we found the D23 convention would be going on when we traveled to Disneyland...and I learned about Disney Geek not long before that. It's a podcast and honestly just a whole bunch of stuff...including videos and just a lot of awesome. I don't have a lot of time to watch it all the time, but I do suggest you at least check it out if you love Disney...and D23 is awesome too! I really hope to attend the D23 Expo this upcoming August as well.

Click here to be taken to the Disney Geek website.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment