Saturday, January 26, 2013

Day 26: Hard Times

Today has been...interesting.

I suppose that's really just the best way to put it, and I certainly will not be going into anything was was extremely upsetting to me, but I have been pretty upset all evening.

Anyway, I figured I'd talk briefly about the news in the Star Wars Universe...as I think we have all heard that J.J. Abrams is directing the next installment into the Saga. I don't really have an opinion on this as I have only a few standards for the new films...

1. Harrison Ford must be there, as should the other original actors.
2. Han Solo cannot die. He just...I respect Harrison Ford's potential want to kill him off, but I don't think it will work. If they can come up with a way for it to work, ok, but I just can't see the galaxy's favorite smuggler being killed off.
3. John Williams must provide the music.

I don't know much about J.J. Abrams either, but based on the people I look to when it comes to Star Wars, he is a good choice. I suppose this means I really should watch that Star Trek movie that came out a few years ago to see what he's all about, but if Corey Vidal thinks that Abrams is a good choice, then so do I.

In all honesty, if you haven't see ApprenticeA, go check out the youtube channel, and then watch the daily vlogs at ApprenticeEh. It's amazing...I can't even begin to describe how they've changed my life. But when the news broke that Disney bought Star Wars and 20 minutes later Corey was making a video...I didn't care about Disney buying Star Wars...I was freaking out because if Corey thought Disney was a bad idea, I might just cry, for obvious reasons. Luckily Corey thought the whole thing was a great idea...and just recently he made a visit to Disneyland and rode Star Tours 7 times. That daily vlog was 20 minutes (it's down below) and is my favorite one of every vlog they have ever made.

If I actually have any readers out there, what do you think about the choice for the director of Star Wars? I'd love to hear some thoughts since, like I said, I really don't know much about the guy.

Have a magical day, and may the force be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment