Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 21: Wait Time Game

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day everyone!

Now, as many of us know, this past weekend is just about the one and only weekend in January (other than the new years weekend) that is busy much at all...and my family tends to avoid it by traveling (if we are traveling in January) the week after.

But a busy weekend does make for a fun and exciting new game my mom came up with this past week. She just taught it (not that there's much to teach) to me yesterday and I have to say, it was a pretty fun little game.

Basically what we do is she will pull up the Disney app on her iPad and read off the attractions, one by one. As we go through, my dad and I (and sometimes my brother) will have to guess what the wait time is for each attraction. Probably about 80% of the time we're way off, but sometimes we get close, and when one of us guesses it right on the dot, mom will just point to us. It's not anything with points, it's just fun to guess what the wait time is I suppose.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one in the world who finds this exciting...but it's certainly a way that the Disney Parks have worked their way into my everyday life. Goodness, sometimes I just look up the wait times for fun. I may be hundreds of miles away, but I apparently still want to know that the wait time for Space Mountain is 35 minutes (and yes, right now, as I write this, that is the exact wait time...much less from what it was over the weekend).

So what little games or things work their way into your everyday life to bring the parks a little bit closer? I know for me personally, aside from the wait times, I have the MyDisneyExperience app...because who doesn't want to look at Park Maps? And of course, my Disney countdown...and I won't even go into the numerous games I have.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment