Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 288: 10,000

You know, it's been almost 300 days since I started this blog, and since I'm writing this post I probably wont't write one when I hit that number. But that's a long time. We're in the 10th month. Yes, that's right, for 9 and a half months I've been doing this blogging thing, and honestly, that feels like a lot even to me. I have no clue how I've gotten this far, but I'll reflect more on that in a couple of months.

At the moment though, Everyday Disney has met a grand milestone: 10,000 views. Now, honestly this doesn't seem like a ton in the grand perspective of things. Youtube videos get millions of views, sometimes within a day, and there are probably millions of Disney fans out there that could be reading this blog and are not, but I'm ok if they don't. I've said it time and time again, but I'm happy with just writing my blog. I don't really care how many views it gets in the long run because it offers me a good break from school work, it keeps me up to date with everything going on at Disney and it just, in general, makes me happy.

But that doesn't mean that I don't get a bit happy when my views jump up, and I've been waiting for this 10,000 view mark for a while now. Honestly, my blog has gotten more views this past month than I has really in any month previous, with the views up to almost 2,000. So whether that means a lot of random people are just looking at my blog or people are actually reading it, I don't know, but it's a step, right?

Truth be told, at the moment I just have a lot of homework. I spent about four hours working on a paper tonight that's due tomorrow...and it's not finished yet. I've just hit a bunch of writers block and have about four hours to finish it up tomorrow. It's mostly written, I just have to go through and make the last few ideas make sense, so I'm not super worried about it. I also have two midterms this week, so I really should get back to working, especially since the next (and last) thing I have to read this night has a super Disney connection! You'll hear about that in a day or two though!

Here's today's Disney History: 1971: LIFE Magazine presents a look at the newly opened Disney World in Florida. A color photo of 1,500 Disney employees, posing in front of Cinderella Castle, is featured on the cover. The issue also includes a pull-out poster of the new Magic Kingdom.

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment