Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 295: Mickey Talks!

Two years ago I went to the 2011 D23 Expo in Anaheim, and one of the things I got the chance to see there was the prototype for the talking Mickey Mouse. This really surprised me and I absolutely loved the idea. It always always always makes me sad to have to break the bad news to an excited Disney fan that the character won't talk back to them. I mean, for a long time the technology just hasn't been there, but it was still disappointing. In other words, I get why, it's just I always wished it had been different.

Well turns out that the time for different is now! Check out this video!



This was just published today and I could not be more excited about it. It's for the revised version of The Town Square Theater, the location where you can meet, you guessed it, Mickey Mouse. But it's not just the area that's been updated...it's Mickey himself. And he talks! RIGHT BACK TO YOU! 

Either A. I am finally getting over my Disney Depression (that would be great because it's been driving me INSANE) or B. I am just so obsessed with Disney that this is the coolest thing ever. Well, it is either way. I can't wait to see more of this technology within the parks because I think it's just wonderful, and hopefully when I head down to Florida next June I will have a chance to meet this "high tech version" of Mickey!

Here's today's Disney History: 1982: At Walt Disney World, the formal grand opening of EPCOT Center begins. To be held over the next three days, the official Future World dedication takes place on this day. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment