Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 292: Hallowishes

I'll be honest, I've never been a huge fan of Halloween. It just never settled right with me, but you'll get to hear ALL about that in a few days when it actually IS Halloween and I talk about it. For now though, there are a few things that, despite my previous distaste of the holiday, I feel I've been missing out on.

Disney World, and Disneyland, are great places. We all know that, obviously, or else I wouldn't be here, and you probably wouldn't be here reading this either. But you see, they get even more magical at certain times of the year...or in this case Spooky.

You see, I've been to Disney World numerous times during the Christmas Season, and just as you'll hear about Halloween in general, you'll hear in a couple of months about everything Christmas and Disney. But Disney gets dressed up for more than just the Holiday season. That's right, Disney also gets all dressed up for Halloween, and that's something that even I have never seen.

Now, I doubt that I'll actually get to see the Halloween stuff at Disney for many years, as I hope to work the Fall Semester of the College Program (And if I'm really lucky I'll get to spend a whole year there and I can experience everything, but that's beside the point), but that doesn't mean that I can't wish that I could see all the Halloween awesomeness.

As the title of today's blog post suggests, one of these pieces of Halloween awesomeness is Hallowishes, which is the Halloween edition of Wishes at the Magic Kingdom. From what I hear it's a spectacular show, and, really, truly I'd like to see it sometime (since I refuse to watch it online because I feel like that might spoil it. I did the same thing with World of Color...I didn't watch it until I was there in person, and that was SOOO worth it...haha, this coming from the person who gets almost daily Once Upon a Time spoilers).

And if we hop over to Disneyland, we have another Halloween and Christmas tradition that I'd love to see. Ok, actually I'd love to go to Disneyland for the holidays in general, since that too is something I have never done, but I've always known about one tradition there...The Haunted Mansion Holiday. Only it's not just the Haunted Mansion. No, it's actually the Haunted Mansion paired with one of my favorite Halloween Movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

When I was younger my dad and I would always turn on ParkHopper Radio in his office in the Family Business and I'd either help him with some of his work (I loved to count money as a kid), or I'd work on some sort of work that I had, and we'd just listen to the Disney Parks Audio. Aside from Illuminations and Spaceship Earth, I have to say that one of my favorites that I remember was the Haunted Mansion Holiday from Disneyland. It's always been one of those things that's been in like the back of my mind of "I want to do that! I want to see that someday!" although it seems like that probably won't be happening anytime soon. I can wish, right?

In general, I think Halloween at Disney would be a lot of fun...and you'd better believe that I'd have a great costume. I've seen some awesome ones though, and here are a few of my favorites:






That last one though...


Here's today's Disney History: 2011: Disney Theatrical Productions announces it has commissioned its first original Broadway show, a prequel to Peter Pan called Peter and the Starcatcher. Based on the Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson novel of the same name, it is expected to open in spring 2012 at a Broadway theater. 

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment