Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 62: Toy Show

Today, being the first Sunday in March, meant a full day of work for me. It happens every year, since it's the Toy Show! My dad owns a farm equipment dealership, but we also sell a pretty good selection of farm toys, meaning that we travel to a toy show to help promote the business and, of course, sell the toys. We only go to one every year, since we really don't have time for anything else, but it's always fun.

This year was awesome, especially considering what I bought at the show. Each year there's a wide selection of what you can find, but there's almost always some Star Wars stuff, and that's certainly what I found! There was also an Indiana Jones banner, but I didn't buy that. It was either all of this or just that! "This" includes a Han Solo action figure and three reproduction posters with metal backs. They're not big, but they're perfect for hanging on my wall, which seems to be pretty much full and out of space!


Here's today's Disney History: 1995: The Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction officially opens in Disneyland's Adventureland. In attendance for the attraction's debut is filmmaker George Lucas, Michael Eisner, and actors Dan Aykroyd and Carrie Fisher. Based on the Indiana Jones films, guests are taken on an adventure in military transport vehicles through a lost temple with Indiana Jones. It is one of the first Disney attractions that has a different experience each time guests ride.

Now, I normally don't comment on the history, but this time I have to. I find it quite amusing that the two actors in attendance had nothing to do with Indiana Jones, especially Dan. Carrie Fisher was probably still there from the Star Tours celebration a few days earlier, and she had previously worked with both Lucas and the star of Indy, Harrison Ford, but Dan didn't have either reason. Strange if you ask me. Strange but amusing. I'd also like to point out that Indy is my personal favorite attraction at Disneyland. I can't wait to head back and go on it again someday!

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment