Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 84: Long Weekends

This upcoming weekend is a long one for me, as we have three days off (Thursday, Friday and Monday) for our "Spring Break." Honestly it's kind of annoying to not have an entire week (I could fill the entire time up with work that I could be doing), but at least it's something.

I figured that since it's almost spring break again, I'd share what I did last year. Since I had a lot I wanted to accomplish then, I started a spring break mission log. It worked pretty well, and there's a couple of Disney themed examples of what I spent my week doing.

First, I really wanted to learn how to do Princess Leia's Rebel Assault Hairstyle from Return of the Jedi...you know, the one on Endor...like in this scene...


It worked out pretty well, considering my hair was probably two inches too short. It's plenty long now though, and I've gotten it pretty down packed. But, my first attempt really helped me figure it out. Of course, I never complained about having to watch Jedi a few extra times.



Second I decided I would learn how to create lightsaber effect on pictures. It seemed like a pretty fun and cool thing to do, and it really didn't take that long for me to master. Granted I probably wouldn't remember how to do it now, but it was still something that was a lot of fun to learn...and I could figure it out again.



Of course, that's not all I did over break, as I had plenty else going on, but I do plan on doing another spring break mission log this year. Posting the pictures to Facebook, and this year, to my blog, was always exciting and really got me excited about finishing the tasks that I needed to complete.

Here's today's Disney History: 1954: Disney is awarded 4 Oscars at the 1953 Academy Awards. The Short Subjects, Cartoon category is won by Disney's Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom. Disney's True-Life Adventure Bear Country wins an Oscar for Short Subjects. The Disney/RKO The Alaskan Eskimo is awarded for Documentary, Short Subject and the True-Life Adventure The Living Desert wins for Documentary, Feature. It is the first time one individual has one 4 Oscars in a single year.

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment