Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 66: AFI

It took my friend and I quite a bit of time to figure out how it all started, but I spent a large portion of my morning looking from AFI's top movie listings, meaning top movies, romances, actors, characters and music. I generally am looking for a few things on these lists, and I have to say that a few movies really stick out.

1. First I look for Disney movies, because that's how I am. There aren't a lot of Disney films on the list, but even more so, there aren't a lot of animated films. In fact, and don't quote me on this, it seems that the only animated movies on any of the lists are by Disney. It makes me pretty happy that this happens because the movies on the list are certainly deserving. Just to name a few, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, and my two personal favorite Disney movies, Beauty and the Beast and Lady and the Tramp, all make it on at least one of the lists.

2. I tend to search out Star Wars, or specifically, anything Harrison Ford. Why this is...I have no idea...or maybe I do...but either way that's what I look for. I think it's awesome that two of the top fifteen heroes of all time are played by HF, with Indiana Jones as #2 and Han Solo as #14. Han is the top Star Wars character on the heroes list, but is beaten by Darth Vader at the #3 spot on Villains. The only other Star Wars character...the original Obi-Wan Kenobi from A New Hope.

3. Movies I've watched would be the last thing I look for. Obviously I've seen things like Casablanca, Gone with the Wind and The Sound of Music, but I love movies, and so it makes me happy when I know a large number of the movies on the list. There are still plenty I haven't seen, but eventually I'll watch them all. Maybe after I watch all the Disney movies in order I'll watch the AFI list of top movies of all time in order. We'll have to see.

In my vlog (below) I did back when I was at Disney, I was able to see the new AFI 100 Years 100 Movies exhibit that is now stationed at the end of the Backlot tour at the Studios. I was a bit saddened by the new exhibit, since there are no Star Wars props what-so-ever AND Ford's picture is gone..but there was an area for a video that looked promising. Of course, since it had just opened the video wasn't playing. But I can hope, right? I'll check out the area again when I head back in July.

To see the AFI listings of Best movies and so on and so forth, click here!

Here's today's Disney History: 1942: Michael Eisner, who ran The Walt Disney Company from 1984 to 2005, is born in Mount Kisco, New York (though he will be raised in New York City).

Have a magical day!








No comments:

Post a Comment