Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day 83: Without a Laptop

I have to say, for a person who's life centers mainly around a computer, it's really hard to not have a laptop.

I got my laptop, my wonderful, trusting machine, about 5 years ago now, and it's time it should be getting replaced. I love it, but sadly, it's been crashing like no other. So, I am without a laptop, in fear that I will lose all of my files if I turn it on again before I need to save the few files that are really important.

Some of these important files really do include many things from Disney. For instance, almost all of my pictures from several of my trips are on that computer, and many of my files for Disney trips also reside there. It's a real problem that I can't access any of that. Of course, I also have all of my writing stored on that computer, as well as any cat picture I've ever taken, many of which do not exist anywhere else.

So that's my problem, so the blog posts might be a little off for the next few weeks. But don't fear, I will continue to blog about Disney in my everyday life. I honestly can't see myself without it anymore.

Here's today's Disney History: 1901: Legendary Disney animator, pioneer and mechanical genius Ub Iwerks is born Ubbe Ert Iwwerks in Kansas City, Missouri. Walt Disney's right hand man in the creation of the early Mickey Mouse cartoons, Iwerks animated the first Mickey Mouse silent cartoon, Plane Crazy, entirely by himself. He later developed many special visual effects for such features as Song of the South and Mary Poppins. He was named a Disney Legend in 1989.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment