Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 88: This is Madness

What you are about to read my be disturbing...

So for those that have been voting or watching the This is Madness Star Wars Character Tournament, you already know the awful truth...but if you haven't, I must tell you.

Han Solo lost.

I know, I can't believe it. And worse...

He lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

What is our world coming to!?! I obviously need to move to a galaxy far far away...or Mars.

Either way, I decided that this would be a great time to do this post that I've been thinking about doing for a while. I mean, for one thing, as Star Wars season (as I like to call it) approaches, it only seems sensible, right?

I decided last night (or this morning depending on how you look at it) after I found out that Han lost that he wouldn't treat this any differently than most other things. He knows he's the best (why else would be be second next to Vader on EVERY OTHER LIST), and he knows we all love him...so this would not phase him at all. But just in case it did...here's a post about 5 reasons Han Solo is truly the best Star Wars character.

5. He's got the best expressions in the galaxy. 

Now, This one had to make it in here because it's honestly one of the best things about him if you ask me. Granted, it's more-so Harrison Ford, but still! And it goes for the fact that he's always got this cocky attitude that gets him through anything the force throws at him (no pun intended) while still making us laugh. Star Wars would be nothing without the personality we find here.



4. He Shot First. 

Need I say more? He obviously is great with a blaster, and he's obviously pretty brilliant too. I mean, the first time I watched Star Wars I never saw that coming when he shot Greedo under the table. (Well..other than when it became obvious). When it comes to attacks and battles and shooting matches, he's got to be the coolest. Yeah, other people have Lightsabers, but then again...

"Hokey Religions and Ancient Weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side..."



3. He Flies his Own ship (in less than 12 parsecs). 


This picture tells the truth. The Millennium Falcon is basically the coolest spaceship ever. It's the fastest in the galaxy, thanks to Han's special modifications, and it flew the Kessel Run in Less than 12 parsecs...which will all know is a unit of Distance and not time...but it still happened and it's possible (go here if you don't believe me) and it's just another reason Han is 100% the best character. Oh yeah, and he's also got the best co-pilot in the history of ever. 


2. He's scruffy looking. 

Again...need I say more? We all know that just like Leia...we like his scruffy scoundrel looks...my personal favorite part...the hair.

Han Solo is not attractive...said no one ever.




1. He's loyal to his friends. 


This is my absolute favorite thing about Han. He may be a mercenary and a scoundrel and a scruffy looking nerfherder, but he is probably the most loyal character in all of Star Wars. I mean, really, think about it! He doesn't technically have to be the good guy, since he isn't officially the main character of the film (as much as I think he is). But he is loyal and good, despite that fact. He obviously loves Leia, considering we constantly see him protect her throughout the films, especially when they face the Empire on Bespin. And at the beginning of ESB, he heads out to rescue his friend even though he was about to leave and the chances of either surviving weren't good. I mean, really? He's amazing!


And that's why Han is obviously the best Star Wars character ever...despite the fact that he did not win the This is Madness Competition. I'm rooting for Vader now...100%. Obi-Wan is going DOWN!

Here's today's Disney History:2012: A 12-inch Buzz Lightyear toy that spent 15 months orbiting the Earth on the International Space Station is donated to the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum in Washington D.C. The figure, which launched into space in May 2008 and returned to Earth 467 days later in August 2009, will go on display later this summer at the National Air and Space Museum's "Moving Beyond Earth" gallery.

Have a magical day, and remember...Han Shot First.



No comments:

Post a Comment