Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 100: 100?

It's really been 100 days already since I started this!?!

Honestly, I'm finding it pretty crazy to think that I've been doing this for over three months now. This is the longest I've done any sort of blogging, and it's the first time one of my New Years Resolutions actually worked! Granted, I have some free time each morning that I use to write these posts, and over the summer I'll hopefully have plenty of Disney adventures to share, so it really isn't too difficult to keep going (other than the fact that I don't have a laptop currently and my home computer's sound card is broken!). And in college there's an hour each morning where I can go through and do all the Disney stuff...so I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

Of course, big milestones like this always make me wonder if I'm going to continue writing after the year is up, and as of right now, I have to say I hope so. I've already come so far, and I can't wait to keep going! Maybe someday I'll learn HTML and make it easier to actually modify my site (although I think it looks pretty good right now, don't you think?).

Either way, I have to say that I'm quite proud of having done 100 days...even if I had a few days to go back and make up every once and a while. It's still awesome in my mind!

Next project?

Once I have a computer again, I know I want to do some vlogging...like actually vlogging on my Youtube channel. It sounds like a fun and unique way to showcase how Disney really does impact my everyday life. Of course, my brother and I are always discussing and planning for our trip in July, and the vlogs that accompany that (we already have some great stuff planned!), so I'm sure there's going to be a lot when that comes around.

But for now, here's today's Disney History: 1988: Disneyland's America Sings closes in Tomorrowland at the end of this day. A 24-minute patriotic musical production that included over 100 characters (the biggest Audio Animatronics cast ever assembled for the Disneyland attraction at this time) has been in operation since June 1974. America Sings used the same Carousel Theater that its predecessor Carousel of Progress had. Many of the America Sings characters will later be placed in Critter Country and the Splash Mountain attraction. The Carousel Theater will be used as office space for the next ten years before finally being replaced by Innoventions, a version of the Epcot attraction.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment