Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 94: Prematurely

Originally I was going to write about doughnuts in today's post...but I decided that wasn't going to work since I didn't have a doughnut handy. It's a long story that does in fact relate to Disney, so just stick with me here.

Because of my lack of doughnut, I figured that now would be a great time to talk about my two favorite words...both inspired by Disney of course.

First, any Disney fan must like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. I'm not sure why it's a requirement other than its a great song and it's super fun to spell. I actually learned how to spell it last year. Each week we had a set of vocab words that we needed to know how to spell and know the definition of. At the end of the year we also had to know prefixes. Of course one of them was "super," and since we needed an example on our final, I made the decision to spell out supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. It worked well...although I have to sing the song from the musical every time to spell it.

But by far, my favorite word HAS to be prematurely. I decided this just the other day when I was reading "The Fault in our Stars" by John Green and this word came up. And then it appeared again this morning at Jazz rehearsal, and every time the same thing runs through my head.

"Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you prematurely."

Anyone know where that's from? Let me give you a hint...


It's kind of funny actually, since I absolutely hated this attraction as a child, but I can't help but whisper the words along with our ghost host into my brother's ear. He always tries to swat me away and punch me in the face, but it never really works...I still say the lines anyway. 


MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Here's today's Disney History: 1928: Poet, educator, author, actress and activist Maya Angelou, one of the original voice of Walt Disney World's The Hall of Presidents attraction, is born Marguerite Johnson in St. Louis, Missouri. 

Have a magical day!



P.S. Indiana Jones just came up in my Accounting Class for some odd reason...and then I got very distracted about the fact that I do not own the Indiana Jones LEGO game for Wii...or Star Wars for the same matter. This needs to be fixed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment