Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 112: Snow White's Scary Adventures

The other night, as I was going through my tumblr, I was fortunate enough to find this video. I normally don't watch a lot of these things, but since I was on my laptop and finally am able to do such things again, I hit play. What I was expecting from the comments was a touching story...I didn't expect to cry through almost the entire thing.

The video embedded below is from one of the final days of Snow White's Scary Adventures at Walt Disney World, and the story is of a severely autistic boy named Ben, who has been enchanted with the attraction since he was a young kid. He holds the record for most times on SWSA, with 3500 (a record set thanks to cast members who kept the attraction running after hours just for Ben and his family so he could reach that goal and be the last to ride).

But when it was announced that SWSA would be closing to make room for the New Fantasyland expansion (in this cast, SWSA will be released with a Princess meet and greet sometime in the future), Disney did even more to make it up to the ride's most treasured guest. It was arranged for Ben and his family to have a private meet and greet with Snow White herself, and then, for the family to ride the attraction with the Princess. How amazing is that?

You all know that I love Disney, and I know not everyone is going to love it like I do, but this is one time I really hope you watch this video. People always tell me that Disney is just for kids, and that the magic isn't really real. that there isn't anything for them at Disney and that it's just another theme park. But I think this video is proof. We aren't all Ben, but this still shows that Walt Disney World, along with the other Disney parks throughout the world, are places where the magic does come to life. That cast members spend every single day striving to make things like this a reality, and that, most importantly, it's not just another theme park.

And you know what, I can't wait for the day I can help make things like this a reality.


Here's today's Disney History: 1964: The World's Fair in Flushing, New York, is opened by U.S. President Johnson for the 1964 season The fair features over 100 pavilions on approximately 646 acres. The fair also includes 4 Disney attractions, for Ford, General Electric, Pepsi-Cola and the State of Illinois. The fair will run through October 18, 1964 and then reopen again on April 21 for the 1965 season. 

I'd also like to wish Animal Kingdom a very happy 15th birthday, and wish you all a very Green Earth Day!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment