Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 103: Singin' In the Rain

I'm kind of surprised I haven't talked about this yet, and since the April Showers have finally started here in Wisconsin, it was about time to pull out this movie and write a blog post on it.

There is no movie like Singin' in the Rain. I'm not really sure how one couldn't like this movie...since I honestly feel it is one of the best movies I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It's certainly something everyone should see in their lifetime...and I don't suggest waiting, because I know I always want to watch it again and again.


I guess you could say the reason I watched it in the first place was because of Disney, and that's how it ties in. In the Great Movie Ride, very near the beginning, there is a scene from the film, when Gene Kelly is singing in the rain. There are also some clips of the film stuck into the montage at the end, and while I always got the song stuck in my head (I sang "Singin' In the Rain" for a concert type performance a few years ago), I never actually watched the movie until a few years ago.


Now it seems I have everyone hooked...well, at least my best friend and I, who both agree that our favorite character is Cosmo and our favorite songs are "Good Morning" and "Moses." Honestly, we go around quoting all day long, randomly bursting into "Moses Supposes his toeses are Roses, But Moses supposes Erroneously, but Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses, as Moses supposes his toeses to be!" That is probably one of the most difficult things to type out, but the way. I think it's harder to write out than it is to actually say it!



I also feel it's worth noting that Carrie Fisher's mom, Debbie Reynolds, stars in this film, and it's just awesome to see her and see where Carrie came from. Plus it helps explain that time Princess Leia was singing in the Star Wars Holiday Special...but like always, that's a post for another day. 

Either way, this is a great film, and a must see for anyone, especially if you love movies. The history aspect is great, the songs are very very catchy (be careful...they WILL get stuck in your head), the storyline is captivating and the actors just bring it all home. Of course, there are plenty of crazy dance numbers that make you wish you knew how to dance or that you lived in the 1920's, so there's that too. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1743: Thomas Jefferson, the third United States President (and author of the Declaration of Independence), is born in Albermarle County, Virginia. Major events during his presidency include the Louisiana Purchase and the Lewis and Clark Expedition. Visit Jefferson (and all the U.S. Chief Executives) at Disney World's The Hall of Presidents and Epcot's The American Adventure.

Have a magical day...and remember..Dignity. Always Dignity.




No comments:

Post a Comment