Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 118: Out There

Do you know the song? Te one from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, where Quasimodo is singing about going "out there?"

Well it's one of my personal favorite Disney songs and if you haven't heard it, there's a link to the song down below. It came to mind today, when I was looking at my views for this blog, which because of the work I did yesterday, have gone up dramatically.

You see, for the last 116 days I've been a bit like Quasimodo, hiding behind the parapets of stone that are the "non-sharing" rule. It seems silly because I write a blog on the internet, so really, anyone at any point can come by and see it. But the other thing is, as the blog author, if I want people to see it and if I want my blog to stay active, I not only need to continue writing, but I need to promote it, and share it with the world, just like Quasimodo sings about living one day with everyone else.

But yesterday I began the promoting. After reorganizing my Pinterest boards, I still wanted to keep my original Disney board, Everyday Disney, and decided to use it to promote this blog. I posted all the different entries I could on Pinterest, shared the last couple of blogs on Tumblr, shared a link on Facebook and Tumblr and talked about it on Instagram.

Back when I had WDW kids, and when I started this blog sometime last year initially, I wanted to create a community of Disney lovers. I was under the assumption that just by writing a daily blog, I would gain followers. But the truth is, that's not how it works. And I'm ok with that. Granted, it's still one of my goals to have people discuss the topics I talk about, but if I even just get someone to read what I'm writing, that's good for me. I love to write, and I love Disney, and that's why I write this blog, just like I talked about a few weeks ago.

So, I'm always here if you want to discuss, and feel more than free to leave a comment! But I just wanted to thank everyone for reading my blog, even if you've just read one post...this one for instance. It means a lot to me. =)

Here's today's Disney History: 1995: The ABC television sitcom Family Matters debuts part 1 of the episode "We're Going to Disney World " Steve Urkel is a finalist in an Innoventions contest at Epcot and the Winslow family is invited along for the trip.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment