Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 91: April Fools!

Really kind of random, but I also just realized I've been blogging for three entire months now. Time sure goes by fast, doesn't it?

Anyway, today's blog post is, in every way, true...or at least everything I say is true. No jokes here.

I'm not sure about any of you, but I did happen to watch a few videos this April Fools Day, and one that really got my mind set on Disney was this one:



I know I've talked briefly about it before, but I figured I'd talk about it again because this really did pop up in my head. If Google had a thing called Google Nose that enables you to smell things...I could smell Disney World! Now, by itself this sounds weird...but here's a list of things I'd LOVE to use Google Nose for...

1. Spaceship Earth - The Burning of Rome : I have to admit right away, I am extremely sad that this feature has disappeared. Like...a lot. I tend to cry a little every time I smell BBQ sauce, because in reality, that's what the burning of Rome does smell like. BBQ sauce. I'm not joking. It's exact. Like those little ones you can get from McDonald's or something...or anywhere on Disney property. THOSE BBQ Sauces smell like the burning of Rome. Just think...with Google Nose I could smell this whenever I want!

2. Something OTHER than Skunk : Let's face it, we all get a little tired of getting stuck with the smell of skunk every. single. time. What am I talking about? Journey into Imagination. You know, when for once in our young lives we play a slot machine and lose each time? That's right...with Google Nose I could actually smell coffee or roses instead of having to hold my breath...even if I'm sure I've gone on that attraction enough times to be immune to the smell of skunk. 

3. Disney Resort Buses : One of my personal favorite scents on Disney Property is that of Disney transportation. This goes for the monorail too, as each piece of Disney transportation has it's own distinct smell that honestly can't be found anywhere else. The funny part, as many people as there are traveling on those buses...it's never a bad smell...only a good one. If only I could figure that out for my bus here at home. 

4. Oranges and Pine Trees : I think this one is pretty universally on everyone's list of scents of Disney World...and Disneyland for that same matter. We all love the smell of the orange groves and pine trees in Soarin'. I did a blog post on this one before because luckily, these scents DO exist in everyday life...well...if you peel an orange or live near pine trees that is. 

5. Old Key West : This one is going to be different for everyone since we don't all stay at the same resort, but I love the smells of Old Key West. It's like this odd mix of pool water, Florida, fish on the grill from Olivia's, sand and a warm breeze, all thrown together. I don't know, I just like it. 

6. The Great Movie Ride : I'm not sure if it's the smoke from the Wicked Witch or the Jewel...but there's something about the Great Movie Ride that just has this distinct scent to it. I can't really describe it either...but it's one of those things that kind of randomly pops up once and a while and you stop mid sentence and just blurt out "It smells like the Great Movie Ride." Oh wait...I'm the only one who does that? I kind of figured. 

Anyway, I'm sure there are many other Disney things in which I'd use Google Nose for, but this list can't get too long...so those are my top six. Oh, and Happy April Fools Day!

Here's today's Disney History: 1976: Treasure Island reopens at Walt Disney World as Discovery Island, after being closed since the beginning of the year for the addition of a walk-through aviary, exotic flora and fauna, and a snack bar. This natural 11-acre island, located in the middle of Bay Lake, is a lush forest environment with birds, reptiles & mammals and hundreds of tropical specimen plants from all over the world. In 1979 it will be accredited by the American Association of Zoological Parks and Aquariums. The only way to reach Discovery Island is by one of the many ferries which depart from the Magic Kingdom, Fort Wilderness and the Contemporary Resort. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment