Monday, April 29, 2013

Day 119: Concessions

Today has been an interesting day to say the least. It was brought to my attention early this morning that I had concessions this evening, which meant that I had to be awake after school to run it for the middle school track meet. It really wasn't all that bad, I guess. I made Hot Dogs 95% of the time, but what was really interesting, and the reason I'm discussing this right now, is the discussion I had with my band director.

Now don't get me wrong, I adore my Band Director. He's pretty awesome and has always done nothing but the best for us (even if we don't think so at the time). But there is one truth...he knows nothing about Disney. It's always a little bit of a shocker when people really know so little about something that has been the large majority of my life. I personally don't understand or see how a person doesn't know what Soarin' is, where it is, and whether or not we should spend an entire day in Epcot. I've been there 23 times, so it's just a little odd when I have to answer such basic questions when I could give a full history lesson on the planning of Epcot.

So we got talking about the band trip and so on and so forth, and I'm answering these questions, and then I ask him where we're staying (it's not final by any means but it was a suggestion) and he said the Hilton. You should all be proud because I restrained my shock fairly well. As a Disney loving person, it's almost like...well...murder...to stay at a hotel that isn't a Disney one. So I just went along with it and later told my parents.

My only reaction?

I am an idiot.

I completely let it fly by that we would want to stay at a Disney resort because of Extra Magic Hours. If we stay at the Hilton, we won't be having that extra time, and with our super short trip and spending one of our days not at Disney, we're going to need all the extra park time we can find. I felt so silly for letting it just completely escape my mind.

Anyway, so now I'm going back to talk to him today about this (minus the concessions this time), and about a few other things. Obviously I know enough about Disney to kind of be a help here, so I might as well help before I leave for college and won't be around every day (although I hope he realizes by the end of the year that he can email me any time with questions and trip updates. This would be a "hint hint" but I'm pretty sure he doesn't read this).

Here's today's Disney History: 2000: Actor Michael J. Fox pays a visit to Walt Disney World to add his hand prints to the Disney-MGM Studios collection.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment