Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 96: Mickey Waffles

I could have posted about this a couple of weeks ago when I was watching Star Wars and actually ate these, but I didn't really get around to it until now, and since there was a picture prompting me to write this on my Pinterest, now seems like a good time.

Mickey Waffles.

We've all had them, and if you haven't, you need to. They're almost as much of a simple of Disney food as the Turkey Leg or Dole Whip, but honestly, this is probably my personal favorite. They're served throughout Disney World (and Disneyland too I'm sure), and I have to say that I'll be actually eating one when I go to WDW in July...since I generally don't eat these on property.

But the reason I don't eat them on property is because I can eat them at home (so I save my money...and stomach room...for foods I can't eat at home!) I am lucky enough to have a Mickey Waffle Iron at home, meaning that any time I want, I can have these little beauties...


Oh yes, we eat them often. I'm pretty sure any time my friends sleep over we have Mickey Waffles for Breakfast...even if I'm not a breakfast eater. 

Now I want Mickey Waffles. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1947: Actor John Ratzenberger, Pixar's "good luck charm" is born in Bridgeport, Connecticut. All of Pixar Animation's feature films has included Ratzenberger's voice, such as Yeti in Monsters, Inc. and Hamm the Piggy Bank in all Toy Story features. According to director/screenwriter Andrew Stanton, Pixar actually has a rule stating that Ratzenberger must be in all Pixar films. His voice credits include Underminer in The Incredibles, Mack in Cars, Mustafa in Ratatouille, John in WALL-E and Construction Foreman Tom in Up.

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment