Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 101: Dalmatians!

You have no idea how excited I was when I realized that this post was 101...and there's really only one thing that it can be about!


I can see no better topic than the wonderful bunch of little spotted puppies that star in Disney's animated feature, "101 Dalmatians," which just happens to be one of my favorite films.

It's not my favorite, as that's reserved for Lady and the Tramp and Beauty and the Beast, but it's probably about 3rd or 4th on my list. I think it's probably because of the dogs though...as a kid (and still today), I loved dogs, so any movie about them made me excited.

Plus, how many of you honestly wanted to be a dog on the Twilight Bark? If I went outside and started barking I basically started my own Twilight Bark...not that I could understand anything that was going on, but still! And Cruella is probably one of the best Disney villains from my perspective...I think it's the theme song!

And then, of course, there was this movie:


And this one: 


And one more: 



I think the dalmatians have been pretty successful! So many great movies all based off the same story line  I personally like the original animated feature the best though, and the book of course! And I remember having the Disney Interactive 101 Dalmatians computer game too! Boy was that fun!

Anyway, here's today's Disney History: 2006: Winnie the Pooh celebrates his 80th birthday by receiving the 2,308th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in California. Pooh is one of a select few animated characters to be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - an honor that is perfectly timed to the global 18-month long Pooh anniversary celebration Disney kicked off in December 2005. The only other Disney characters to be given a star, as of this day, are Mickey, Donald and Snow White.

Have a magical, one of a kind, day!





No comments:

Post a Comment