Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 93: Kingdom Keepers

I've been waiting all year to do this post. Why? Because I had to wait until the new Kingdom Keepers came out!

Well, I've got great news...it came out finally..yesterday in fact...and I'm already in chapter 3 (I spent a good amount of time yesterday reading The Fault in Our Stars...and finishing that). Either way, I decided that when Book 6 came out I'd do the blog post about Kingdom Keepers...and I'll do another one that is probably going to be a review sometime later when I finish the book (I'll probably put it off until next week just to put some space in between these).



Anyway, here I'm going to mention a little about a series...which I highly recommend to anyone, especially if you're a fan of the Disney Parks. Many people suggest that you keep a park map nearby so you can keep track of everything that's going on...but honestly I didn't even need one. It was so easy for me to visualize everything these kids were doing that it really seemed real...even if it's as impossible as going to a galaxy far far away to meet Han Solo. Ok, maybe it's not intirely impossible, just unlikely. Again though, never tell me the odds.

Ok, enough Star Wars quotes.

My personal favorite book in the series is the first one, and I think part of it is because I love the cover. It's different from all the rest...and luckily I have one of the first editions before the cover switched to the realistic style. I think I've read it 3 times at least, and it's easily one of my favorite books, if not my absolute favorite ever. I'll probably end up rereading all the books this summer, or at least before book 7 comes out next April.

I also really loved Book 3, probably because it takes place in Epcot...but yeah.


Kingdom Keepers...READ THEM! They are great books by Ridley Pearson (who is a pretty cool guy if you ask me...I met him once! Or twice...ok...twice).

Here's today's Disney History: 1961: Comedian-Turned-movie star Eddie Murphy is born in Brooklyn, New York. His Disney credits include the live-action The Haunted Mansion and the animated Mulan (as the dragon Mushu).

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment