Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 128: In Order

Yesterday I posted a video on my Youtube series of posts called "The Wonders of Disney Animation," and if you haven't seen it, go back and watch that first, because like I said before, I really feel it's one of the most underrated Disney youtube videos out there. It's just great.

Anyway, so while working on that post yesterday I probably watched that video at least 10 times, because like I said, I could watch it all day long and never get bored. I also mentioned how it really makes you want to go back and watch all the Disney films over again.

Now, I've tried a couple of times to go back and watch them all in order and it just didn't work...but you know what. I've said a few times that this summer has to be awesome, since it's my last summer before college, and watching all 52 in order would totally just top it all off (it will get tricky since I probably don't have 52 days free to watch them, which means some days I'll have to watch two, but who's really complaining?).

And so, I've decided that this summer I'm going to watch all of them, in order, and watch as the Disney magic unfolds before my eyes, because watching them in order, just like watching that video, really showcases just how far Disney has come, and how far the art of animation as gone, starting with just a little mouse on a drawing pad to the first cartoon with synchronized sound, to the first in color, and then the first full-length animated picture.

To think, that everything in that video started with a man and a mouse, and all of it almost never happened.



Here's today's Disney History: 1926: Legendary comedian/actor Don Rickles - the voice of Mr. Potato Head in Pixar's Toy Story films and the voice of William in Disney World's Enchanted Tiki Room attraction - is born in Queens, New York. Rickles' Mr. Potato Head is also featured in the Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction at both Disney's California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment