Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 142: Awards Banquet

Tonight was my senior Academic Awards Banquet, and I have to say that while it was pretty long, it was also pretty great. I haven't always had the best grades, but my work has still shown through and I got several awards and scholarships. The best part of the night though? All the talk of Disney!

It seems that every time I was up on stage, someone was talking about Disney and me...well, every time it was just me they were talking about. It came up at least three times...well four depending on how you look at it. First as I got my Business Department Award (Outstanding Computer Student), my Business Teacher gave a bit of a shout out to this blog, which was pretty awesome if I do say so myself. She also talked about how I went to National FBLA with her and we went to Disney, which is still one of my favorite Disney trips to this day.

And then, as I got both scholarships, Disney came into play. For one, the presenter wished me luck with my internship at Disney (College Program and hopefully an Imagineering internship), and that really meant a lot. Second, as I got a Memorial Scholarship, my Creative Writing teacher, who was presenting the scholarship, mentioned that I was receiving the award because of my love of "reading, writing and Disney." He should know plenty about my love of Disney since I'm writing my memoir on it! Speaking of that...I should probably keep working. I'm only on chapter three and I have seven chapters total...unless I write more, which at this rate is quite possible.

Either way, it was a successful night for me, and I have a pile of certificates and a plaque and cords for Graduation now sitting in my house. Now I just have to stop denying the fact that I'm graduating I suppose.

Here's today's Disney History: 1998: Disneyland officially unveils its newly renovated Tomorrowland. New additions include Rocket Rods (a high-speed attraction running on the former PeopleMover track), Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (a restaurant located in the former Mission to Mars attraction), NASA Space Experience and the short "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." Also re-opening is the Astro Orbitor attraction, having been relocated to the entrance of Tomorrowland and placed on ground level, thus making the ride the new focal point as guests step from the main plaza of Disneyland into Tomorrowland.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment