Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 133: Bittersweet

You know what's one of the saddest things ever?

Playing your last high school band concert.

That was my night, and honestly I'm proud that I managed to get through the entire thing without crying. There aren't many things in my life that are more important to me than Disney, but band is one of them. I've spent the last four years of my life with this group, and tonight was super bittersweet because I was honored for all my work, but now it's almost over.

Granted, really, it's not over since we still have another parade, graduation and a Disney audition to prepare for...and after that we have the band trip and then the summer stuff before I come back for next summer's trip to Disney.

This concert was probably my favorite concert I've played in high school though, because not only did I get to play my feature piece in Jazz Band, but we also chose "Brave" as our senior selection, meaning that we got to play songs from Brave at the concert! Along with this we got to play a selection called Hollywood Milestones, which had everything from Jaws to Back to the Future and Beauty and the Beast. It has 11 songs in it total, so it was pretty awesome. Especially since 80% of those songs were by John Williams.

Either way, it was a pretty sad time, but it was still amazing. And I couldn't ask for a better group to have spent my last concert with.







Here's today's Disney History: 2001: The Wonderful World of Disney airs "Child Stars: The Shirley Temple Story."

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment