Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 131: Merida!

It's not exactly a secret, but I'd like to welcome Merida to the official Disney Princess Court!

Now, this may not seem special...but Disney doesn't have a ton of new Princesses all the time. Yes, I can name them in order...Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, Rapunzel and now Merida! Either way, it's not an everyday thing (well kind of it is if you work at Disney. Every little girl is a Princess there), for a Disney character to become one of the court.

Plus, I had the great opportunity to watch the ceremony live this morning through the magic of the internet. Even though I still have 58 days until my next trip, it was amazing because it was actually happened right as I watched. I love the internet.

And yesterday I had a thought about this whole thing...and decided to wait until today to do the post on it, but I honestly can't remember what it was. On the other hand...I totally see what Disney did with the date. Today is May 11...she's the 11th Disney princess. That's brilliant if you ask me!

I remember...possibly. Either way, I think the timing of this is great for me as well. On Monday I have my final High School Band concert...of all time. And that's so scary! I mean, it's not my last concert of all time because I have college, but this is the last time I'll play a concert with this group other than at Graduation. Each year the seniors in the group select a "Senior Song" which we play at this last concert and at Graduation...and it just so happens that my senior class (all 5 of us in Band) decided on Brave. That's right...music from Brave. How cool is it that we have our Concert on Monday and Merida became an official Disney Princess TODAY? It's like the world wanted us to play it!

I'll tell more about the Concert early next week, but for now, let's all just celebrate (preferably without turning into bears) as Merida joins the ranks!


Here's today's Disney History: 1912: Animator Don Towsley is born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. His Disney credits include such features as Pinocchio, Fantasia, Dumbo and Bambi and the shorts Donald's Golf Game, Sky Trooper and Mickey Mouse Disco.

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment