Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 139: Hyperspace Hoopla!

If you are in the Disney loop at all, you know very well that this weekend was the start of the 2013 Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios...and if you love Disney AND Star Wars as much as I do...you also know that it's certainly something to celebrate!

As we make our way through Star Wars season (which starts May 4th and goes through the end of Star Wars Weekends at Disney...but includes the release of all current 6 Star Wars films!), there's always a lot to celebrate, especially this year with the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. And you know what, there's nothing I love to do more to celebrate everything than watch the yearly brilliance that comes out of Disney with Snig & Oopla's Hyperspace Hoopla!!! I mean...come on...even THEY got the whole Return of the Jedi memo!

I highly suggest you watch the below video...but do make sure you're in a place where you can laugh hysterically without making too much noise for other people to hear. I generally watch it with my brother, so we are as loud as we want...and we may or may not dance along (although I'm limited at the moment because of shin splints). Either way...here's the 2013 Hyperspace Hoopla...and all I have to say is that you need to watch all the way to the end because I don't think there's been a better HH EVER.



Soo...what did you think? I honestly can't decide if my favorite part was Lobot, Chewie doing the splits, Thrift Shop, the Harlem Shake or Jedi Mickey. It's just so hard to decide. Well...actually...the entire thing was great.

The only things I would change are this: Get rid of the characters no one knows, and bring in HAN. I mean, COME ON! AND LUKE! And let's have Leia be...well, Leia...for once...and get rid of Padme (although I have to say, I very much enjoy the yearly Vader/Padme song/dance). But seriously...HAN. Get on that. Now. 

Other than that, I love these, and I really wish I could be at Star Wars Weekends myself sometime. Maybe when I do the college program I'll apply for the spring so I can finally go to this! 

Here's today's Disney History: 2000: Plans for Disney's newest attraction Mission : SPACE (to be completed in 2003-2004) are launched into space aboard Atlantis, NASA's International Space Station shuttle flight. The crew, made up of six American astronauts and one Russian cosmonaut  will spend nearly 10 days in space.

Have a magical day...and may the force be with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment