Saturday, May 25, 2013

Day 145: Jedi turns 30!

Today is the day that most Star Wars fans have been waiting for for quite a while. That's right! It's the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi. If you're anything like me, this is a big deal, because it's one of my favorites in the series. It's second, right behind Empire. Plus, it's also the 36th birthday of the original Star Wars film, a New Hope, so it's a pretty big day.

What does this mean? Time to watch Star Wars! Too bad I don't have time to watch it!

If I was able to watch it though, these would be my favorite moments:


Anyone know what happens right after this? I do!

"How we doin'?" ... "Same as always" ... "That bad huh?"

You see, this Han/Luke quote is one that my friends and I do once and a while, but will be doing more in the future. Everytime I come back to the band room after this year, this is how we'll great one another. Makes sense, huh? Ok...maybe not.

This:


Tell me that you don't laugh at that face...or at least smile a little bit. I mean...come on. Priceless Harrison Ford right there. 



And then there's these moments. The first always reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean, but obviously since Jedi is 30 now, this one happened first. And the second always makes me think that Han is just super angry at Luke for interrupting his moment with Leia. Makes me laugh every time.




But this part is by far my favorite of the entire movie. I think it really sums up how their relationship has changed. There's like the moment when he starts to walk away, which is what he would have done before, but then he comes back, and that's how it's changed. Meanwhile, Leia goes from very withdrawn to this position of needing someone else, something we never really see with her before.


And there's always this great expression...the number one priceless Harrison Ford expression.


And this is just absolutely adorable. I flail everytime I see it. I probably shouldn't, but I do anyway.

Those are my favorite parts of Return of the Jedi. You may notice a theme...but you already know that Han is my favorite character, so it shouldn't have been hard to figure out anyway.

I'll skip Disney history for today because I think it's obvious what it will be anyway...that in 1983, Return of the Jedi premiered!

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment