Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 155: The Imperial March

I feel like I've had a lot of posts about Star Wars lately, mostly because of Star Wars month, but this one was just too good to pass up.

Although I'm technically no longer a student and am graduated from high school, I've been returning to help out with band stuff. Today, I spent a large portion, ok, all of my time sorting out pep band music so that I can go through and finish organizing it all this week...if I can finish it all! Either way, I have three steps while sorting. First, I have to sort through the miscellaneous pile of music and determine if it should go on it "ok" or the "it's fishy" pile. If it's ok, then it goes to be sorted into alphabetical order in the smaller pile before I sort them out by alphabetical and specific piece. There is currently music all over the band room, and I used probably about 20 stands and six chairs, each with at least four pieces on it, with many stands having six. Either way, in that first step, I found a copy of The Imperial March, and this is what it looked like:



Yeah, they actually crossed out Imperial March and replaced it with Vader. It honestly made my day to see that, and it got a good laugh out of me while sorting too. It didn't take me long to decide that this piece of pep band music would be today's blog post, because it is a little bit of Disney that worked into my everyday life, and this is the exact kind of stuff that I planned on putting on this blog originally.

But I think the lesson here is this: If you ever find yourself with a copy of the Imperial March, be sure to cross that out and write Vader. Or, if you're more like me, and have the music from Star Wars in general, cross that out and write "Han Solo."

Here's today's Disney History: 1990: At Disneyland, the Bengal Barbecue, a quick service food location in Adventureland, opens. (Note: Lizzie absolutely loved this restaurant when she visited Disneyland in 2011).

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment