Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 161: Sushi

I love sushi.

Wait, let's try again...

Hello, my name is Lizzie and I am a sushi addict.

(As we previously did, this is where you say "Hello Lizzie!")

Anyway, it isn't exactly a secret that I do love the stuff. I will eat basically any kind of sushi, although my favorite kinds of sushi are totally those with raw fish. I mean, especially salmon, the fish just melts in your mouth.

I tried sushi for the first time at, you guessed it, Disney World. I honestly have no idea why we decided to get sushi that day, but we did and that was that. A year later my brother and I had taken two sushi classes and visited several other sushi restaurants at Disney. Fast Forward to today. Recently a friend of mine decided that she was going to try sushi, despite all the stuff she heard about it and I instantly offered to take her out to our local sushi place, because I want sushi and here's an excuse to go get some!

Anyways, I am super proud of her for trying it. And she did like it. Maybe sometime she'll even eat it again! But either way, the whole experience got me to thinking again about how much I impact my friends. I mean, she also commented that her family sang Indiana Jones driving the other day, and I think that's totally awesome. And now, when I make comments on Star Wars or jokes or something, my best friend actually understands them! Finally, when I do go on a Disney rant, they all generally at least have some clue of what I'm talking about, unless we're playing "Find something Lizzie can't relate to Disney." They get kind of lost during that.

Either way, I am an adventurous person because of Disney. There's a whole section on it in my memoir. But it's awesome to see one of my friends who used to be completely the opposite try something that is a huge something to try. Still, she did like it, and that's awesome! Next step? All of World Showcase. Just kidding.

Here's today's Disney History: 2008: Severe weather in Central Florida, including a radar-indicated tornado, forces Disney World officials to temporarily close several rides at theme parks.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment