Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 164: Meetings

Tonight was our meeting for this year's band trip. On Saturday I leave for our trip to Mackinaw Island for the Lilac Festival Grand Parade, and that means that tonight we had our final practice and then the parents meeting right after. This, of course, is a meeting I have been through four times now, and will go through once more next summer. But the thing is, it occurred to me in the middle of the meeting that come next summer, I might just be helping with the meeting itself. Why? Disney of course!

Granted, we haven't gotten anything back on if we will be going or not, mostly because we haven't sent in the audition video yet (you send it in a year ahead and that will be about next week or the week after). Still, there is a good possibility that we could be having this same meeting about Disney, and that was kind of an awesome thing to think about.

If and when my band goes to Disney World next summer, it will not only be a trip where I can fulfill my dream of marching down Main Street U.S.A. with the band, but it also marks a milestone for me. Just as Epcot turned 30 this past year, when I go in 2014, it will be my 25th visit to Walt Disney World. That's crazy because I'll only be 18, but it is still a huge milestone none the less. Yes, the trip will probably be more frustrating than I can handle, but at the same time I'm going to love every second of it. I can honestly not wait.

I wonder if I can get a button that says 25th visit...???

Here's today's Disney History: 2010: Toy Story 3 premieres in Hollywood at the El Capitan Theatre. The Pixar Film will be generally released on June 18.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment