Thursday, June 27, 2013

Day 178: Questions

Since I'm technically writing a lot of these blog posts for this week after everything really happens, it's sometimes hard to think about what I was going to write about, but I did finally come up with what today's post was supposed to be about.

You see, I was in a cabin of wonderful, awesome, amazing people! I'm not kidding. We all attended MADD camp last year, other than our Counselor, who was from South Africa. So we all already knew each other and spent the time getting to know each other better, although as one of my friends pointed out, we've really only spent a week and a half together in person, and that's pretty weird (although as I finally type this it's been two weeks). Still, we know so much about one another and are pretty good friends.

But I think the reason we do know each other so well is because when we do have some downtime in our cabins we do talk to one another and really ask about each other's interests. I know I had a lot of people ask me about Disney this week, and not just people in my cabin. I'm not saying they were seriously interested, but it was a great way to find discussion. I mean, I found that one of my fellow campers loves the Muppet Show, and so do I, so that was something we bonded over!

I talked a lot about this blog too, which means that it is a good idea for me to finally catch up on it (now that I'm back especially). And I know that in the future a few of us want to do Youtube videos too, kind of like John and Hank Green, but more of a letters from MADD camp kind of thing.

And you know, at the end of the week, since I am can change this a little now that I'm typing afterwards, I did end up promising to send everyone a postcard from Disney, and I intend to hold myself to that. It's like 30 postcards and someone will look at me like I'm insane when I put a huge stack of them into the mailbox at Disney, but still. Plus, if I write about it on here, I absolutely have to send out all those postcards. Because otherwise I would be lying. Granted, I'll have to send postcards to a few of my friends too, so it will end up being like 30-35 postcards, but that's ok. I'm going to do it anyway.

I'm kind of off topic now, but I guess the point really is, I love answering questions about Disney, whether it be about the Parks themselves or about my experiences, like how I got involved with Disney or if my entire family loves it like I do. Maybe someday I'll make a Youtube video of my own with my most commonly asked Disney questions, because I do get the same ones over and over sometimes. But that's still ok.

Here's today's Disney History: 1997: Disney's 35th animated feature film Hercules is officially released in the U.S. and Canada, the same day Disneyland's Hercules Victory Parade debuts. Based on the legendary Greek mythology hero Hercules, it is directed by Ron Clements and John Musker.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment