Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day 170: The Right Orientation

As it may already be obvious, I just graduated High School, and that means that I'm going to be headed off to college this fall. So today and tomorrow I have college orientation, and honestly I had no want to come to it. I mean, I want college to start, I just don't want to think about it yet. I have so much going on between now and then that college still seems so far off and I don't want a reminder that says it isn't.

Either way, I went to orientation, which started this morning, and the first thing we did was have a meeting in the church. Now, less than a fourth of my class was at this orientation, but there were still plenty of us. But it was what happened at the opening prayer and meeting that really got me excited and interested. I knew instantly that I was at the right college and at the right time. While it went on for a while previous to the video below, it still gives you a pretty good idea of the awesomeness:


So yeah, all of the mentors were dressed as Disney characters, and it was just plain awesome. I don't remember them all, but there were a bunch of Princesses, and then Woody and Buzz and Timon and Pumba and Tinker Bell (That was my mentor!). Yeah, it totally made my day, since my day hadn't been going very well previously, and I knew I just had to get this last part so I should share it here. 

Here's today's Disney History: 1964: After 5 seasons on television, The Twilight Zone airs its last episode, "The Bewitchin' Pool." Rod Serling's popular series will later be the inspiration for Disney's The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment