Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 159: Monopoly

If you know me, then you know that I do love Monopoly. It's hard to say which is my favorite version of the game, but it's probably my Disney version that I've played more times than I can count. I love the game, especially when it's themed to awesome stuff, in this case Disney or Star Wars (or that Indy version that I really wish I had).

Either way, my brother leaves for camp tomorrow, and since he generally spends all his time on the computer and I won't see him for more than a week, I figured we should do something together. It wasn't hard to convince him to play monopoly, and he chose Star Wars monopoly, not that I have a preference.



Of course, I always pick my token first. When playing Star Wars monopoly, it must always be Han Solo, because we have the classic trilogy edition. If, for some strange reason, someone else ends up with Han (although I'd shoot them before that happens), I choose Leia. He decided to be Emperor Palpatine. I laughed a little bit because normally he plays as Boba Fett (get it? Han Solo's enemy?) The way the game works is that instead of just having the little motels or houses or whatever they are, there are two different sides, the Rebel Alliance and the Empire (Alliance is blue Empire is red) which both have cities, and then the Empire has Star Destroyers and the Alliance as Millennium Falcon's instead of hotels. That probably is really hard to grasp, but that's what it is.

Then the spaces are all different areas from the movies, such as the forest moon of Endor with the Ewok Village, The Forest and the Shield Generator. The transport spaces are like A Tie Fighter, The Falcon, An X-Wing and a Star Destroyer. It just keeps going all around the board. And then, as my brother likes to point out, instead of having cash or money, it's credits, to match Star Wars.



So we start out, and it seemed that the Force was with me as I got different cards. I got the Millennium Falcon space very early on, and then I ended up getting a bunch of other stuff. But my brother, on the other hand, was a little quick to buy things, and then it ended pretty badly for him. I won pretty quickly, despite the fact that we were watching The Fugitive the entire time. So in other words, it really was probably the Solo Luck that I had while playing tonight. As I said on my Instagram, with Star Wars monopoly and The Fugitive it was like a Harrison Ford fest in my living room. And I'm perfectly ok with that.



He was pretty angry about losing, but I mean come on. Solo Luck! Plus Han never loses a game of Sabacc...unless it's against Chewie. Because you know it's unwise to upset a Wookiee.

Here's today's Disney History: 1902: In Chicago, Elias and Flora Disney baptize their 6-month old son Walter at St. Paul's. The Disneys are loyal members of the congregation - Flora plays the organ and Elias, a carpenter by trade, has helped build the church. St. Paul's Congregational Church (first organized in 1900) is at this time located at 2255 North Keeler Avenue, one block east and one block north of Walt Disney's birthplace.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment