Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 249: A Special Announcement

If you would, please watch this video before you read the rest of this post. 


And so, you, now, have heard the same thing that I, along with my High School Band heard at tonight's football game. I'm not kidding. I was there helping with stuff and was on the field taking pictures and helping carry the drum major ladder (because someone did it for me, so now I'm doing it for the wonderful drum major we have this year! Love you Gail!). So I was there and our band director was doing something with his phone and some wires but I had no idea. I got the ladder and was walking off the field with the band and he was blowing a whistle and I was so so so confused. But we kept going and then he started playing the above recording over the entire system on the field. And then we stopped and my mom was telling us all to stop so I yelled to the band to stop and then I heard the announcement continue and I just started crying and hugging people. 

In all honestly, I have no idea what to say. I was crying for probably a good half hour, and I called my best friend to tell her and I kept hugging people and I was just freaking out. Like standing on that field, that was the moment when my dream came true. Overall I'm pretty sure I just was standing there in shock, and there's probably a ton of pictures of me just absolutely crying with people all around me. That moment was the proudest moment of my life. 

We made it Seymour. We, the SEYMOUR HIGH SCHOOL BAND, made it into WALT DISNEY WORLD. You guys make me so proud to be a member and have been a member of this group, and I am so excited for this trip. I am excited to finally get to march at Walt Disney World and I'm excited for those of you going there for the first time and I'm excited for everything. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank You. I cannot say it enough. Without each and every single one of you this would not be happening. My dream would not be coming true right now. I wouldn't be going to Walt Disney World. 

And that leaves me just one thing to say...

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!

Here's today's #Frumpstagram post, based on the idea "Makin' Memories." So, as excited as I am about the whole Disney thing, and about all the memories I'm sure we'll make on that trip, I chose a picture from my last trip of me and my brother playing the drums in Harambe at Animal Kingdom. My brother and I always make such great memories at Disney World! Like Space Mountain! Great times!

And here's today's Disney History: 1972: Tony Award-winning actress and singer Anika Noni Rose is born in Bloomfield, Connecticut. She supplied the voice of Tiana for Disney's animated 2009 feature The Princess and the Frog. Known for her stage work, she played the role of Amneris in 2000 for Disney's musical Aida. Rose was named a Disney Legend in 2011. 

ALSO, and here's another important announcement! Everyday Disney finally has a Facebook page! I just finished working on it last night! I'll be posting the blog posts daily there as well as other pictures and videos of Disney and so on and so forth. =) You can find it here! 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment