Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 268: My Disney Collection V5

Hello all! It's time for another edition of My Disney Collection. Again, as I said last time, you should have this down, but if you're just joining us, here's the basics: I write a blog called Everyday Disney, and I try to write everyday. If I can't write I go back and make it up, but in reality I have one blog post for every day of the year. Either way, I have several series of posts going on, one about my favorite Youtube Videos, one on my favorite Disney things and then this one. The My Disney Collection Series, which now has FIVE parts, and if you haven't seen the others or want a refresher, here's the previous ones!  (V1 V2 V3 V4). Just click one of links right there.

This volume of the My Disney Collection series focuses around something that all of us Disney Parks fans seem to have: a pin collection. Like everyone else I have a whole bunch of pins, and I won't be able to talk about every single one, but I will show you them all and mention a few of my favorites.

We'll start with a transition set from the last Disney Collection Volume, Epcot pins. Now back when I went to the D23 Expo in 2011 I was able to get my hands on some awesome pins, including these two beauties right here. The one on the left if a Walt Disney Imagineering pin. I have no clue if there's any importance otherwise to it, but it's beautiful and I like to think it's special. The other is a 1980's pin that I picked up. Equally beautiful, and certainly one of my more treasured pieces.


Speaking of the D23 Expo, that's where I got these next couple of pins. You can see my Disney Geek pin right there, which I actually used as a part of my FBLA speech my senior year. And below you can see my D23 Expo pin as well as my treasured 1st visit to Disneyland pin. I've always wanted one of those, and now I have one!



Back to Epcot pins, since I have a lot of those. Of course, as you could tell from the last post, I got just about all I could from the 30th anniversary merchandise, and that certainly includes pins. They had a mystery set of 30th anniversary pins with Figment, so I have the Living Seas pin and the Horizons pin from that. Below is a special one I picked up back in July 2013 when there was still a bit of stuff left from the celebration. It's one of my favorite pins because it opens and on the inside you have the characters standing looking at the globe from Illuminations and the saying "To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, Welcome" from the dedication of Epcot. 







Next is another set of pins I got at D23, which was put out by Walt Disney Imagineering. My brother has the entire set of Epcot Symbol pins but I just got this one, which I really do adore. I mean, I do love Spaceship Earth, after all.



Finally getting out of some of the Epcot stuff, I have a collection of Holiday pins. My family often times would go to Disney for Thanksgiving, and that means that Holiday pins are out, and sometimes they have pins specifically for thanksgiving as well. I almost always get the pin from Old Key West, because doing anything else would just seem wrong. 



Then we move on to the next shadow box, which is also pretty much completely filled with pins. Below you can see a few of my favorites as well, including my Mickey Aviator Pin, the Elle Badge from Up (Honestly my favorite pin of all time) and my I Mickey New York pin that I got from the Disney Store in New York when I went in 2012. 




And then we come to our last specific set I'll talk about, although there are tons of other pins that I have. Back in November 2012 I was searching for one set of pins (actually I had been searching in January as well), and I just wasn't finding them. After searching all of January I just figured they weren't made anymore and gave up. But then my parents went on Tower of Terror. Now my brother and I generally just sit that one out and instead go around taking pictures or go on Star Tours or something. Well it just so happened that we headed into the store at the end of ToT that time and we were over by the pins when he goes "Hey Lizzie, it's Han Solo!" and I was like "WHAT" and he was like "Look" and he pointed right at that pin down below this. He had found the sole Han Solo pin (lol...no pun intended). Of course I bought the entire set right away and have loved them ever since. Can't get much better than Han and Leia and Chewie on Pirates! 


And that concludes the pins. Down below you can see my entire three shadowboxes. The third one is new, since I officially ran out of room in the first two after my trip in July, so now I have a third. It's kind of interesting trying to get them all to fit, both in the boxes and then on my shelves, but I make it work. Pins are never a bad thing, after all.


If there's a pin you'd like to see more closely, just let me know and I'd be happy to share a picture with you! 

In the next volume of my Disney Collection I'll share the Disney in my closet, which honestly has gone from zero to tons in the last year or so. It's actually kind of ridiculous. And then after that I honestly don't know what I'll do, but it will be December, so most likely it will be a holiday edition! You don't know me at all if you don't think I don't have Disney Christmas Decorations! 

The month isn't over, so here's today's Frumpstagram post with the title "Regal." Honestly nothing is more grand than Club 33!

Here's today's Disney History: 2009: The final performance at the Adventurers Club at Pleasure Island, Florida takes place as part of Congaloosh 2009 (a weekend long convention to celebrate the popular Adventurers Club). 

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment