Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 245: Vacation Planning DVD

I like free stuff. Well, who doesn't. But you know what free stuff I love the most?

You guessed it! Free Disney stuff! Of course, there's nothing like getting a couple hours of endless Disney magic on a DVD for free, and most of the time the only way that comes is in a Disney Vacation Planning DVD. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago after Disney was all "Order yours today cause it's free!" and it came this last week while I was at school. My parents left it sitting on the counter for me and I didn't see it this weekend, but dad finally pointed it out to me this morning, meaning that I spent a good portion of the rest of the day watching the DVD and all it's magical contents.



I absolutely love Disney Vacation Planning DVD's. I think the earliest one we have is from sometime in the 90's, although I couldn't tell you exactly when. Back then it came not on DVD though, but VHS. You know? Those days when we had to use a TAPE instead of a disc! I remember those days...that was called my childhood, and it saddens me that there are people that don't know what that all means anymore. But that's beside the point. Our second one is also on VHS and is from 2004 I believe. Then we skip ahead to around 2007, and then 2011. So of course, in order to continue this, I had to get the 2013 Disney Vacation Planning DVD, even though I just got back from Disney like a month ago.

I think my favorite thing about them is the fact that you can spend an entire day just sitting and watching them and you can just sit and watch how the Walt Disney Resort has changed. It's spectacular to see the advancements and the additions of parks and the creation of new resorts. It's actually kind of fun to guess whether or not something was there yet or not, and honestly, more often than not, even I'm wrong.

The other great thing about these things? The fact that when you're having a bad day you can just pop them into the VHS player or DVD player or whatever it is that you have and you can watch all the magic of Disney right there on your TV. It isn't quite the same as being there, but it still brings a little extra joy into your day.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that even the most frequent Disney goer will find something new that they wish to explore on their next visit! I know I almost always do! My next goal: Meet Flynn Rider at Disneyland. In fact I may have jumped off the couch and fell on my face when he came on the screen. But that's a long shot...*cough cough.*







Here's the #Frumpstagram post for today! Based on the prompt "Yum!"





And here's today's Disney History: 1979: The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction opens in Disneyland's Frontierland. The "wildest ride in the wilderness" takes guests careening through dark caverns and abandoned mines. Imaingeer Tony Baxter modeled the attraction after the scenery of Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. The exciting Big Thunder Mountain replaces the more dedate Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland.

Have a magical day!



No comments:

Post a Comment