Sunday, September 8, 2013

Day 251: Shopping

One of my initial concepts for this blog, and something I'm sure I've talked about before, was to talk about things that are, physically Disney, that popped up in my life. This means that it's not a reference to something, or something at Walt Disney World. No pictures on Instagram or anything like that. Nope, the idea was that it has to be something that says Disney on it. The idea was that it has to be something that is, or says Disney on it.

Well, yesterday was one of those days where that original idea came into play. After picking up a couple of my friends from college and going out for Froyo, I returned them to college and, instead of going back home as I intended, I headed towards Green Bay. Why? Well, it all started with a comment from one of my friends. I had been at home earlier in the morning, obviously, and didn't exactly have the right pair of socks to wear the shoes I had brought home, so instead I just threw on my boots. I also had like a black tank top on, and apparently when you put it all together I was almost dressed as Emma Swan.

Now, this goes even further back to over a year ago, when I was shopping with my best friend and I found a red leather jacket that seriously did remind me of Emma, and I didn't buy it. I sure regret that. So since I was in Green Bay, I started a search for a leather jacket, as well as for a pair of brown boots, but that's not what I came out with. In fact, I found neither, but I did find a few other things!

First, I found a Hakuna Matata shirt that I just pretty much had to buy. It's adorable, and I got it at target. I tried to find a picture of one so I could show it on here, but I didn't find one sadly. The same goes for the Mickey Mouse Club shirt I got at Old Navy. I looked for a picture but didn't find one. Of course, I'm too lazy to take a picture of my shirts and put it on here, but that's mostly because it's already dark in my dorm room and I don't feel like turning all the lights on for a picture.

But that's not all I got that was Disney! Today was my church's Rally Sunday, and I always work for it, for the past number of years by running the Duck Pond, a game where the kids pay a quarter and pick a duck and get a prize. It's adorable to watch the kids pick which duck they want and get one of the different prizes. And you know what one of the prizes were this year? Little Disney activity coloring books! Once everyone was finished I picked a duck of my own (ok, so maybe I had them memorized) and picked out my Disney coloring book, which I intend to color here at college when I need a break. Sounds like fun to me!

And so, those are the little bits of Disney that I found in the past couple of days. Granted, it has largely been on my mind, for obvious reasons. Only 287 days you know!




Today's #Frumpstagram post today is "Character Moment," so of course I had to choose my favorite guy, Donald, as my character for today! He is #1, after all. I mean, he told us so himself. He is pretty awesome though, and that's why he's one of my favorites. He's on my phone case too!






Here's today's Disney History: 1998: It's official...the Walt Disney World attraction Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is permanently closed. On this day work beings on Mr. Toad's home as it will become The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. One of the park's opening day attractions, it was modeled after the Disneyland attraction. Despite the ride's popularity and any protests, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride entertained guests for the very last time yesterday.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment