Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 267: The Art of Disney

I think I've decided that this week I'm just going to do a bunch of Pinterest stuff. There's just so much on the internet that I see that really makes my life so much better when I'm sitting and working. It's what I do during my breaks, go on Pinterest or Tumblr, and they really do bring in a lot of Disney to my life.

Today's topic, another one of my Disney boards: The Art of Disney.

To start us off, let's have some Peter Pan, in honor or Once Upon a Time, of course!


And then some Princess artwork. I'm pretty sure that I will have the third one on my wall in a frame someday because I really do just love it that much, although the first one and the one from Tangled are absolutely beautiful too. 



And to finish it off, you have to have a little bit of Mickey Mouse, right? I personally think this one is pretty adorable.


That's about all for today though. It's been rather quiet around here, so that's probably why this is a Pinterest week, but who knows. Obviously I own none of the above artwork, and just like I should put a disclaimer on that for you. 

And Frumpstagram! Here's one that narrates "adventure!" 

Here's today's Disney History: 1936: Jim Henson, creator of the Muppets and the original voice of Kermit the Frog, is born James Maury Henson in Greenville, Mississippi. Henson first named his puppets, "Muppets" in 1954 while working as a producer of the Washington, D.C. TV show, Sam and Friends. Henson was the leading force behind the Muppets long run in the television series Sesame Street and The Muppet Show and films such as the Muppet Movie and creator of advanced puppets for projects like Fraggle Rock, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Return of the Jedi. Sadly in May 1990, Henson passed away suddenly at the age of 53 while in negotiations to sell his company to Disney. He was named a Disney Legend in 2011. 

Have a magical day!




No comments:

Post a Comment