Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 260: Bill Nye the Science Guy!

I promised you yesterday that today's post would be about my favorite contestant on Dancing With the Stars, and that's exactly what this is about! My favorite contestant is, obviously, Bill Nye the Science Guy! Those of you who have been to Epcot know half the reason he's so awesome, but honestly I did really grow up watching Bill Nye and learning about science, especially in the classroom.

It honestly makes me kind of sad that today's children won't enjoy Bill Nye's show like I did as a kid. I mean, when the teacher told you that you were going to watch Bill Nye in class it was like the best thing ever! You could learn about all kinds of stuff. Spiders, wind, chemicals, rocks, whatever!


But the best lesson we all learned from Bill Nye? Let me give you a hint: This is the one source of energy that will never run out!

The correct answer (or question if you are going by the rules): What is BrainPower!

That's right, Bill Nye still holds a special place in my heart because of one awesome Disney attraction: Ellen's Energy Adventure. I mean, how can you not not love that attraction! It has Ellen AND Bill Nye! That is just a recipe for AWESOME! Granted, if you're like me when I was a kid, you may not like all the noise (actually we're fairly certain that the Universe of Energy is the reason I have a fear of loud noises), and it is quite long...but you don't notice. Again: ELLEN AND BILL NYE!



So that's why I'm rooting for Bill Nye the Science Guy on Dancing with the Stars. He may have gotten the lowest score last night, but I think we can get him through to the next round so he can really show those silly judges what he's made of!

Frumpstagram today asked for Balloons, and luckily, that's something I had! I chose a picture of a blue balloon I have a picture of from my 2011 trip to Disneyland. The best part about it though is that it reminds me of a blue balloon outside a window at Mama Melroses's in Hollywood Studios I remember from when I was a kid! It's actually one of my earliest memories!

And here's today's Disney History: 1991: The new sitcom Home Improvement, starring comedian Tim Allen, debuts on ABC-TV. The show centers on the daily trials and tribulations of Tim Taylor, a TV show host raising three mischievous boys with help from his loyal co-host, patient wife and genius neighbor.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment