Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 310: Mouse in the House

One of the great things about college is that there are just absolutely tons of places to do your homework. I guess they always suggest that you have one place that you just sit and only do your homework, nothing else, but I tend to mix it up. Sometimes I go to the library, sometimes I sit in my dorm at my desk (often times when I'm writing a paper), once and a while I'll find a spot in the lounge at the Campus Center, and especially within the last week, I'll find myself sitting in the Hall of Fine Arts, in what we call the Music Lobby.

That's where I was last night. My best friend was upstairs in what we call the alcove, which is this little balcony that's upstairs and generally is pretty quiet, especially at night after everyone is out of the building. Anyways, she was writing a paper, so in order to keep her focus, I wasn't there right away. I just didn't feel like sitting in my dorm room or the library to do my reading, so I sat on a chair in the almost totally dark music lobby.

Normally this isn't a huge deal. I mean, it's kind of creepy with only three lights on and no one other than the occasional random person walking through, which I think I only counted three. Unless you count my new friend Mickey.

Yes, a mouse.

I was sitting there when all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I saw something scurry across the floor a few feet away. So of course I look up and I see something in the corner. So I grab my phone and turn on the flashlight feature and while the light wasn't super strong, there in the corner was a little mouse, who then climbed part of the wall before going back onto the floor and scurrying back towards me. He eventually did go back away from me and I lost him, but he was there!

It wasn't a big mouse, just a really really tiny one. Like a baby mouse. I'm not really afraid of mice, I just really wasn't interested in taking a hitchhiking mouse with me back to my dorm room. So I texted my friend and gathered the courage to search through all my stuff to make sure he wasn't in there and head upstairs.

Oh, and I named the mouse Mickey. It seemed fitting.

But what makes this all really funny and relate to Disney even more is that a couple of hours later, as I was still sitting on the floor of the upstairs of the music building, near the alcove, a thought occurred to me. The other day my cousin sent me this video from Yahoo that had all these interesting facts about Disneyland and asked me if they were true, which, as far as I know, all of them are.


Did you catch it? After I thought about it for a while I realized that Disney World and Disneyland do a better job of controlling their rodent population than my own college. How terrible is that? I mean, seriously, we should just get some cats in here and everything would be perfectly fine!

So that was my adventure last night, and what an adventure it was! 


Frumpstagram today asked me to "Show my Disney Side," and while I initially intended to share a picture of my sweatshirt that I'm wearing (one of my favorites: My Donald Duck Sweatshirt!), I didn't get much sleep last night and so instead picked one of my favorite items from my dorm room that certainly showcases my Disney Side: the Mickey Mouse wreath my best friend made me for my graduation present. It hangs proudly right above my desk and always brings a smile to my face! =)



Here's today's Disney History: 2012: Saving Mr. Bands, the drama about Walt Disney, centered on the filming of Mary Poppins, starts filming at Disneyland Park. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment