Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 324: Tailored to Me

Tonight is honestly just one of those nights where I don't really feel like doing anything in particular, and when I try to do something, my mind just wanders all over the place. Unless it's something specifically Disney, then it's fine. I think it's another stage of Disney Depression, the I am really Homesick stage and don't really want to hear about anything in the parks because it's all stuff I'm missing while everyone else I know seems to be going. Yeah, time for a relapse.

But that doesn't mean that Disney doesn't find me. In fact, Disney seems to find me just about everywhere, in case you hadn't noticed. I mean, I do write a blog about how Disney is in my everyday life, so it kind of HAS to find me in the most random places.

That means it's probably not a surprise that Disney finds me on my internet all the time. I was actually discussing this with my roommate last night, so that's why it's finally a blog post, even though I've been debating doing it for quite some time now. You see, when I go anywhere on the internet, I use Google Chrome, and eventually the ads you see are tailored and based on searches you have done within your browser, so ultimately you see more ads that are going to be important to you.

You can guess what my number 1 keyword on the internet probably is: Disney.

So whenever I go around to different websites, such as last night when I was searching for a hat to wear this winter (a specific one...not just any hat), and I would go from website to website, the ads that would pop up wouldn't be something for makeup or anything, but for Disney trips. In fact, there was one website I was on that had TWO Disney ads right next to one another. Of course, they always make me smile, whether I'm in a stage of Disney Depression or not.

And once and a while, just to make sure I keep getting them, I'll click on them if I have a few minutes, and go stare lovingly at the Disney World website for a few minutes. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Also, a quick note: I am very saddened to hear about the death of Walt Disney's daughter, Diane. The entire family is in my prayers moving forward. Rest in peace Diane!

 
Today for Frumpstagram it was "The Frump Life," and I couldn't figure out any better way to showcase that today than to Disneybound as everyone's favorite Duck, Donald! I used my Donald Duck Magical Ribbon specifically for it, and I got a whole bunch of compliments too! Goodness I can't wait until my new Magical Ribbons get here in just a few weeks!





Here's today's Disney History: 1998: Disney/Pixar's A Bug's Life is generally released. The second full-length computer-animated feature produced by the partnership of Disney and Pixar Studio, it features an all-star voice cast including Dave Foley, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Denis Leary, David Hyde Pierce, Brad Garrett, Kevin Spacey, Phyllis Diller, John Ratzenberger and Roddy McDonwall. Directed by John Lasseter, the plot of the film is loosely based on Aesop's fable "The Ants and the Grasshopper."

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment