Sunday, November 24, 2013

Day 328: Newsies

My roommate and I, like most roommates, have always shared the randomness of stuff that we like. I mean, I love Disney, obviously, and Once Upon A Time is just the TV show I'm always talking about. She watches One Tree Hill, so that's the show she talks about, but one thing that she's talked about since the beginning of the year is the musical Newsies. It's her favorite, and I've never seen the movie or the musical.

Well, until tonight.

I went home for most of the day, but when I got back I just wasn't feeling in the mood to watch Good Form for like the 20th time. Probably would just remind me that we have yet another week to wait until we find out what really goes down in Neverland. So instead I was like, I should watch a movie, and there was only one movie in my mind that I should watch.

Newsies.



So I went and I found it and I started to watch it and automatically I'm just like "THIS MUSIC IS THE BEST THING EVER." And I tweeted my roommate and eventually she ended up back in our room and we watched it up on our bunks on my laptop. It was a grand old time, and I have to say that I adore this movie. In fact I'll probably go and buy the soundtrack tomorrow just because I love it that much.

I also had a little freak out halfway through the movie because I was like, "This Denton guy looks familiar," so I look it up and it's Bill Pullman. For those of you who don't know who that is, he's been in a bunch of movies, but the one that I know him from is a little movie called Spaceballs, which is a serious parody of Star Wars that had me rolling around laughing the first time I saw it. He plays Lone Star, the play on Han Solo, and seriously it was just great...so there's that little portion of Newsies that freaked me out.

Overall I just loved the entire thing. Like I don't think I have more words...other than it's a fine life people!

 
Today for Frumpstagram the prompt was "Magic Kingdom Resorts," and since we already discovered I have absolutely no pictures of the Poly, and probably very few of the Grand other than my senior pictures I took there, I figured there was only one resort that I could pick for today (well, unless I did Wilderness Lodge...which is in the same category as the other two...or Fort Wilderness), and that's the Contemporary! Certainly Bay Lake Tower is one of my favorite places to stay now! Seriously!




Here's today's Disney History: 2010: Tangled, a 3D animated musical film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, is released to theaters. The 50th animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics Series, it is largely based on the classic German fairy tale Rapunzel.

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment