Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 320: Grocery Shopping

Time for another story about what this blog was originally supposed to be about. Back about a year ago when I first came up with the concept for Everyday Disney, one of the things that inspired me was the small idea of Disney themed Mac & Cheese. I kid you not. That was one of the things that inspired this entire blog.

So now it's time to explore just that...Disney themed Mac & Cheese...ok, maybe not. But I did go to the grocery store tonight to pick up a bit of food for my dorm room (because I love to snack on things when working on homework. Don't worry, I ration it all out by putting it in bowls so I don't eat right from the bag or anything). I had various things I needed to get: ritz crackers, gatorade, you know, the normal stuff college students have in their dorm room. What I did not intend to find was this...


I'm walking through the isles at the store, right? I happened to be walking through the cereal and breakfast isle. I walked all the way through it and only when I got to the end did I, out of the corner of my eye, spot the Falcon. Well, you can guess what happened next. I picked up the box and after a moment of internal debate, put it in my basket. The box promised me a Star Wars pen, one of those eight that you see there, and I decided to take my chances and hope I get one of the good ones (because who, really, wants a young Anakin Skywalker pen?). 

Well, turns out the force was with me because look who I got!


That's right, I now have a Chewbacca pen. Win if you ask me. I was a little worried when I opened the box that it would be one of the stupid ones, but nope! I got the best one!!! Yay! Honestly you have no clue how excited this makes me. Typical college student I am. Enthusiastic about the most random thing. And yes...I did play the games on the back of the cereal box.

Originally I was going to go around the store and find a whole bunch of Disney food...but that will have to wait for a later date since my basket was heavy and I really wanted to eat a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ. 

Then again...I did take a picture of this: 



Today's Frumpstagram was "In the Big Blue World," so it had to be a fish (ok, not really but I wanted it to be a fish). And the best news ever goes along with it! If there's a second bus on my HS Band Trip next June my best friend is GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!! Seriously the second best moment of my entire life (the best was the announcement that we were going in the first place). 

Here's today's Disney History: 2006: "Mary Poppins," a new Broadway stage musical, opens at Disney's New Amsterdam Theater in New York City. The show features Ashley Brown as Mary and Gavin Lee (direct from the hit London cast) as Bert. 

Have a magical day!






No comments:

Post a Comment