Saturday, November 9, 2013

Day 313: How to Be a Dad

I admit, that title might be a bit confusing, but just stick with me for a minute.

For those of you that follow Disney social media, you know that this past week many of the biggest names in social media showed off their Disney Side. We had GrumpyCat and people who sing and do art, and they were all great, but my personal favorite was by Charlie, who runs the YouTube Channel, How to Be a Dad. See where I'm going with this?

So here's his Disney Side:


I absolutely loved this video. Well, obviously I did or else it wouldn't have it's own blog post here on my blog. But to be honest, I cried at the end. I really did. Good thing my roommate wasn't looking at me at the time because that might have looked really weird. I had been sitting there for like five minutes and was just absolutely crying. 

Now, I'm not a parent, again, obviously, but I have had my share of magical moments at Disney, and I love to go back and watch video from previous vacations with my family. Actually, and I'm surprised I haven't mentioned this earlier, my family used to have this serious tradition. Every Sunday, since my mom goes to a different church than the rest of us, she would bring food home from a restaurant, usually a restaurant called Hansen's back in the day. Then we'd all sit down in our living room with our food and watch either Train Videos or video from our Disney Vacations. Usually it was the later. We've done this since I was pretty young, or at least since my brother has been going with us, although my dad has been filming since my first trip. 

Sometimes we would have to beg to watch Disney video, but we still did it, and while we haven't done it as much in the past couple of years, I would like to say that I still watch my videos on Youtube more often than I probably should. 

You see, vidos from Disney World are spectacular things. They capture your first, earliest memories from the parks, and they can capture the ones that you make every time you go now. Someday I'll have videos of my own kids, and I really hope we watch them just like my family watched them. And I think that's what really got me at the end of the video. The part where it had the footage of them both at Disneyland and the words "For Kids who've grown older but never grow up...and their kids." 

And I like to think that that's kind of what this blog is about too, about showing that part of me that will always love Disney. It's easy for my friends to see it, and my family, and obviously I know, but I want to share my love of Disney with the world too. That's why I make my daily vlogs, and why I write this blog, and why I talk about Disney and why my profile picture and cover photo have been the same since my last Disney trip, and why I'm known as the Disney Geek at my High School, and probably on my floor at college too (and it's branching out apparently!). 

As much as my brother and I have changed from our first trips to Disney, we still love Disney, and every time we go we're creating new and lasting memories, and those are the things that I'll cherish for the rest of my life, and share with my own kids someday. 


Time for Frumpstagram again, and today's prompt was "Magical Ribbons," which can only mean one thing! No, seriously...it means Magical Ribbons. I love the ones I got back in like...July, and I wear them whenever I can (although I'm lazy a lot and just don't do anything with my hair and therefore don't wear them). But I am SUPER excited for my new bows to get here! I ordered them like a month or two ago (a whole bunch) and should be getting them early December! 




Here's today's Disney History: 2010: After two years of planning, including seven months of construction, New York City's Disney Store officially opens at 1540 Broadway. To celebrate the launch, Disney uses the Times Square pedestrian plaza between West 45th and West 46th streets for a two-hour parade featuring such characters as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Cinderella and Buzz Lightyear. The 20,000-square foot store will operate from 9 a.m. to midnight daily. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment