Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 330: Playing the Piano

Today is our last day of college before our Thanksgiving break, and lucky for me two of my classes have been canceled for one reason or another. That means that this morning I have extra time to do whatever I wish to do, even if I should be working on my homework. 

Well, what I DID do this morning kind of has to do with homework. I was talking yesterday briefly about the arrangement I have to do for my music theory class, and today that's what we were working on. So after a brief discussion in the classroom, a bunch of us went down into the practice rooms in the basement to use the pianos. I nabbed one for myself and went through my Disney Piano Music to try and come up with a song I wanted to do an arrangement of. 

I played through my two classic Disney movie books, or looked through them rather, playing a song here and there, and then thought that maybe I should move onto my book with my Disney Parks Music. I have no clue where or when we got it, but I love it because it has all of those Epcot songs stuck in it for voice and piano. This basically means that I have everything from Grim Grinning Ghosts to the song that this blog post is ultimately about. 

For what seems like the thousandth time, let's head to The American Adventure. Considering this is probably my second favorite attraction in all of Walt Disney World, I suppose it's sensible that it comes up so often, but that's beside the point. I was going through the piano book and happened to eventually find the last song, which I can honestly say I have never really looked at before. I just never had a need or want to I guess. I had no clue what was back there because I don't look at the song list on the cover either. That's just not how I roll. 

So I flip back there for some reason or another and what do I find? The song about the Pilgrims from The American Adventure! This is one of those songs that I've been wanting to learn for years and here it was, I've had it the whole time! 

And you can guess what happened next. I spent a good hour and a half learning this song, which I can now kind of sort of play. I'm a bit rusty on the piano, but that's why my books are there, so I can continue to play every once and a while so I don't totally lose my ability to play the piano. 

Don't ask me to pick it up and play of the songs from the book though, just out of the blue. Chances are I won't be able to play them and you will never have heard the music in your life anyway. 

 
Remember When...there were trees on Main Street USA? Yeah, that's today's Frumpstagram Picture, and I can honestly say that I don't really remember the trees all that well...if I ever actually saw them in the first place. This is one of the pictures straight out of some of my family's oldest Disney photo albums, and I love looking through them to see how much Disney has changed. It's ridiculous! 




Here's today's Disney History: 1942: The Warner Brothers romance film Casablanca, starring Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman and Peter Lorre, is released. A scene from this film is represented in Disney's Hollywood Studios' The Great Movie Ride. It is also among the trailers shown in the ride's queue area. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment