Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 373: Road Trip!

Today marks the day, the first one in a long time, that my parents went to Walt Disney World without my brother and I. They went a few times when I was younger, just by themselves, but since then we've pretty much always gone together. I guess we just got to be that age where it's hard for us to be anywhere but home if they were to go and us stay, but we were too young to stay by ourselves. So then you have to get someone to stay with us and watch us and everything, but that's another story. 

Now though, I'm 18, and since my brother is 14, and I'm home from college and can drive, it just made sense and it was easy enough for us to stay home while they went on a vacation by themselves. Doesn't mean that I'm happy about it, but I do get the house somewhat to myself for a week and a half, so that works for me I suppose. 

But as you know, Wisconsin is cold. Like REALLY cold. And in Green Bay, the airport they were originally supposed to fly out of, flights were grounded. Meaning that they had no way of getting to Chicago, where their connecting flight was still flying to Orlando. They intended to drive to Chicago and leave the van there, but when my brother earned another snow day because the school buses weren't working, we set out along with them and then made the wonderful four hour drive back home. 

I'll admit, I was super tired. With maybe three hours of interrupted sleep that night it was pretty interesting driving all that way. It's ok though, I just kept upbeat music on and stopped for Starbucks at one point, just to keep myself going. And then when we did get home I took a nap. A well earned nap if I do say so myself. 

And that's what I did on this lovely day. I drove my parents to Chicago so they could go to Disney World. And then they sent me this picture: 



Yeah. There's that. They leave for a cruise on Saturday though, so then maybe I won't be quite so jealous. As much as I love Captain Hook, I absolutely hate boats. Hence the reason I am currently here in freezing Wisconsin instead of Florida. 

Have a magical day!


No comments:

Post a Comment