Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 388: Disney Jazz

It's honestly been a while since I've played some real jazz. Since I'm not in the jazz band here at SNC, you just don't play a lot of it otherwise (Wind Ensemble is fun but it's more classic stuff, not really the whole jazz thing...the most we got of jazz there was in Sleigh Ride). But today, as I'm sitting in the music lobby making up blog posts and doing homework in between classes, Megan texted me to tell me how awesome one of my CD's is: My Disney Jazz CD.

Now, I have a few different ones, but the one I know she's talking about (and that I'm now listening to as well), is Disney Jazz: Everybody Wants to Be a Cat. I've had it for a few years now, and listen to it on occasion (I tend to listen to Disney Parks music when doing homework of course), but I felt that I should blog on it, since I haven't actually blogged on it previous to right now.

There's tons of various songs on it, most notably Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat by Roy Hargrove. It's my personal favorite song on the CD, mostly because of the wonderful saxophone solo stuck in the middle of it, plus the fact that that song is basically the most classic Disney Jazz song of all time. But you've also got Chim Chim Cher-ee, Some Day My Prince Will Come, Find Yourself, You've Got a Friend In Me, He's a Tramp, Feed the Birds, Alice in Wonderland, The Bare Necessities, It's a Small World, Belle, Circle of Life, and my other favorite, Gaston.

Gaston, from Beauty and the Beast originally, is honestly probably the strangest song on the entire album. It's just plain WEIRD. Like parts of it make no sense whatsoever. It's just this big jumble of notes and sounds. But the funny thing is: IT WORKS. For some reason that song is so strange that it all blends together in this really weird way and it sounds AWESOME.

Other than those two I don't think I can really pick a favorite because I love them all. Disney and Jazz are both such important parts of my life that they fit together perfectly, and I really do suggest at least listening to the CD. I have Gaston tagged on below this for you to listen to, because...well...I just explained this!



Have a magical day!


(Note: This Blog Post was written on January 27, 2014). 

No comments:

Post a Comment