Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 374: Pancakes

Since my parents are gone to WDW for a few days, and then on a cruise, I'm here in charge of just about everything. That's all fine by me, but it also means that I actually have to make food for us. I love to cook, so again, not really a problem at all. In fact, this post has nothing to do with complaining about how I have to do all the choices that, between the four of us, we normally do, but all by myself.

No, I am here to talk about Pancakes. And believe it or not, I'm not going to be discussing how I made Mickey Shaped Pancakes, mostly because I didn't make Mickey Shaped Pancakes. No, I actually made Storybrooke inspired pancakes. Since they had chocolate chips in them (best way to make them), and I hate chocolate chip pancakes or waffles with syrup, I always eat them with whipped cream or cool whip or something. So then I added some cinnamon and, after I took this picture, more chocolate chips, and boom, Storybrooke Pancakes. Don't worry, I also had my daily hot chocolate...especially important since I didn't have any yesterday.


But that's not the ONLY reason I'm blogging about Pancakes. You see, I never really "learned" how to make pancakes. I mean, I never really practiced. Today was, honestly, probably the first time I made pancakes (although I've made the famous Mickey Waffles a bunch of times). But I still knew how to make them. Why? Because of a computer game I played as a kid. 

This wasn't just any ordinary computer game. See, when I was little I had a whole ton of computer games, but two of my favorites were totally my Disney ones. I had one that was like a Walt Disney World Resort one that explored all over WDW in Computer Game form (I specifically remember the Haunted Mansion and the Living Seas parts). The other, and here's where the pancakes come in, was this cooking one with Mickey and Minnie. You were like neighbors with them and could bake them cakes and invite them over for a breakfast meal and stuff. 

So you would sit there and cook the breakfast, which consisted of pancakes, eggs and bacon. You had to get it just right though, flipping the pancakes at the right time and everything. And that is, basically, how I learned how to correctly cook pancakes. Apparently the game was fairly accurate and I learned a lot from it. Oh, I also remember you could throw fish out the window...but that's another story for another blog post.

Have a magical day!





No comments:

Post a Comment